Thursday, January 19, 2012

Like a Virgin


I thought this was too funny NOT to share.  However, I don't feel sorry for people that don't drink.  That's there prerogative. My parents don't drink and I often think of them as two of the most fun people I know.  Of course, my Mom does give me the concerned look with a "Are you sure you guys are o.k. to drive?" after two glasses of wine over 6 hours on Christmas day, but that doesn't mean she's a stick in the mud.  PLUS if we ever DO drink a little too much and need a DD, we always know they're 100% sober.  I digress.  Today I thought I'd share one of my favorite virgin drinks.  

The Shirley Temple
1 1/4 ounces grenadine
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
Ice
3 ounces club soda
2 maraschino cherries



I know it's a rather old fashioned drink (heck, it's named the Shirley Temple!) but it's seriously yummy. It's also a super fun drink to order.  People will give you a double take 9 times out of 10.  I even had one waiter ask me what was in it. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment