Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ta-Dah!

Finally! Violet's room is done.  Well... it's 98% done, there is still one thing left I want to do.  Violet had originally wanted an "Angry Birds" room.  Call me horrible, but no.  not going to happen. So this is my version of angry birds. They aren't terribly angry but they are beautiful!


The yellow bed came out perfectly.  It went beautifully with the bedding Violet and I agreed on, which is Spring Sparrow by Pottery Barn. I found the quilt which was just the right rusty red I was looking for at Target.  I thought I was never going to find anything that would work, but there it was, just waiting for me last weekend.


The other side of the room.  Violet's room is extremely small, only 8x10 so we did a few things to maximize the space we do have.  The boxes on the side of the dresser are part of that.

I've had these boxes kicking around the house forever, not knowing exactly what to do with them as we don't really have a great space on the wall for them.  They were absolutely perfect for this project.  One holds library books, one holds hair brushes and accessories and the one attached to her desk is basically a stand in for a night stand.  In such a small space there was no room for both (believe me, we tried!) so a sconce above the bed and this box are just right as as a "stand" in.
 Last thing the ruler growth chart! There are a million tutorials out there on how to do this, and it really couldn't be simpler.  Pick up a piece of wood at the lumber yard, stain it, and add numbers with a sharpie. I absolutely LOVE how it came out.  It's a really fun piece to have to measure everyone that comes over, even adults!


That's it! I'm hoping to take a few better pictures this weekend, but in the Pacific Northwest, who knows when we'll get enough sun to improve them so bear with me!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a significance to the "3" on one of the throw pillows? The room looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really, other than there are three of us in our family.

    ReplyDelete