Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinterest *Sigh*

Unless you've been living under a rock you may have heard of Pinterest.  It's nothing short of completely amazing.  Every idea you could ever think of, and a lot that would have never occurred to you live on that site. The sheer number of creative bloggers is astounding to say the least, and I'd like to blame Pinterest for taking up all of my spare time by either looking at the site, trying to replicate something I found or trying to track down some amazing item that I never knew I just had to have. This brings me to how I spent my weekend.  Look what I found.
Beautiful isn't it? 
GORGEOUS! Just stunning, and clearly, I have to have it for myself.  Well... not for myself exactly, for my very lucky daughter Violet.  O.k. she'd be lucky if she cared about it even a little.  So I found this on Craig's list:

Pretty close right?
Great! I'll take it.  I read the above blog and the bloggess explained how she'd sanded, primed and painted the bed.  Cool.  Sounds easy.  I can do it.  Have I ever done anything like this before? Heck no!

Sanding...
What?
What does your garage look like?
Sanding was a bit scary...  of course, what's the worst thing that could happen?  I'd have scratched up a bed I got for a bargain on Craig's list. Then I primed it using the metal Rustoleum spray paint.  Then I began painting, and painting, and painting! I'm on coat #3 and I think I need one more.  Wow.  That's a lot of painting. Even though this bed isn't ornate there more nooks and crannys that seem possible! I think one more coat ought to do it.  I surely hope so.  Here's a preview.  I do love how it looks so far, so hopefully it'll be worth an entire weekend's plus of work!

Preview of project yellow bed
So stay tuned for the final finished product.....

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Looks like you did a great job on it. You are brave to tackle such a project. I have an old bed in my garage just waiting for a re-do. Maybe this is just the inspiration I needed. Please link up with your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will absolutely link it everywhere I can!

      Delete
  2. I found you through a bowl full of lemons:) I love this yellow bed and with that blue!! the rest of the room looks beautiful as well. I'm your new follower and look forward to seeing more of what you do. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete