Sunday, July 22, 2012

Neigh-Sayers be Darned!


So Violet and I have recently taken up riding....ON HORSES! It's crazy! And it's also a lot harder than you might expect.  You see people riding and think "that looks so easy, they are just sitting there.." No. They. Aren't. The first time I rode, I hadn't been around horses in a 100 years and 1. Forgot how big they are and 2. Forgot how bouncy it all is.  I felt like I was going to fall off at least 15 times and ended up in a heap in the dirt when I tried to dismount. Still! It was the most fun I've had in a long time and Violet (as with all little girls the world over) absolutely LOVES it, so we go riding once a week on Saturdays.  Of course ,after riding, unwinding some Mirror Pond Pale Ale is a must.  Well it was a must today because that's what we had in the fridge.  Mirror pond is a pretty non offensive brew and always a winner on a warm day.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment